Online Forum

COVID-19 affecting eye care delivery  

RSS

RobC
(@ankimo)
15/06/2020 2:20 pm  

What changes have you made to your practice(s) to accommodate reducing coronavirus risk for patients, staff, and physicians?  Let's share best practices and opinions for the clinic & operating room, as well as thoughts about telehealth--which components could work in your environment?

1. hygiene protocols

2. social distancing

3. mask wear

4. nasal swab vs. serology testing

5. temporary workforce reductions

ReplyQuote
(@randalpham)
17/06/2020 8:44 pm  

Hi Robert,

This is Randal. As an oculoplastic surgeon, I was able to see all my cosmetic and reconstructive patients using telemedicine. Nonetheless, we need to develop technology that can reach patients who are not tech savvy as those who reside in Silicon Valley. In my practice, which was never closed because I continued to see emergency throughout Covid-19, we did all the things that you mentioned, the only difference is that we requested that our patients did both nasal swab and serology tests. 

RandalTanhHoangPham

ReplyQuote
(@mariamoreno)
22/06/2020 8:47 am  
Hello, what a pleasure to greet you while taking hygiene measures both at home and abroad and applying social distancing we are less exposed to the virus

ReplyQuote
 RobC
(@ankimo)
07/07/2020 2:29 pm  

Hi Dr. Pham,

yes, oculoplastics can complete an exam remotely a bit easier.  Have you tried Doximity Dialer?

Do you find more patients are cancelling elective surgery or not?

ReplyQuote
 RobC
(@ankimo)
07/07/2020 2:30 pm  

Dr. Moreno,

we certainly have new greeting habits now; I think handshaking will be gone for awhile.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register